Saturday, April 17, 2010

Abodi Dóra at Cluj Napoca Fashion Week

Another new designer presenting at Cluj Napoca Fashion Week was Abodi Dóra. And since I especially loved her 2009/2010 FW collection I decided to take some time and write about her.

Although originally from Romania, Cluj Napoca, the designer left the country in 1989, after the revolution, to start a new life with her parents in Hungary.

She studied law only to return to her original passion- fashion, studying at the french Mod'Art school for fashion design in Budapest.

She created her own label in 2008, focusing on womenswear design and accessories. She showed her first collection "Clandestine " in 2009 for 2009/2010 FW and I have to say it is my favorite collection thus far.































































Bags from the same collection:
































Her S/S 2010 collection pretty much keeps in tone with the tendencies for this season, skin tones, muted colors, feminine shapes. I especially like the following pieces:








































Her 2010/1022 FW collection is far edgier I find! You can check it out on her homepage:

http://www.doraabodi.com/index_da.html

Abodi Dóra is definitely a promising new designer to watch out for. I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment