Sunday, May 23, 2010

Design & wear your own fashion

For all of you fashionistas out there who love to be as authentic as possible but do not possess the skills or the time to shape in fabric the vision of a garment that you have in your head, this might just be the answer to all of your pairs.

On http://www.styleshake.com you have the possibility to choose your fabrics, design your dream garment and have it delivered to you in 10 working days. All it takes is a quick registration on the website and you can already start designing.

You will start by choosing the type of garment you want to create: a dress, a top, a skirt or accessories, then follows the fabric choice.







I chose a forest green cotton fabric for my dress, an empire below bust upper body with a keyhole neckline - as it is the most flattering for me, I find- added fitted ¾ sleeves, an empire waist and an a line pleated skirt part. I also added a detachable long, narrow belt. The result was a nice every day dress, easy to wear and upkeep.









Then I decided to try my hand at something more festive. For this design I chose to combine different colors of silk. For the upper body I went with a slash neckline made of ivory silk, the material I used for the lower part pencil skirt as well. To add a splash of color I chose to add poppy colored long, narrow, detachable belt. The dress is quite simple but elegant.







If you lack inspiration you can check out their online gallery to trigger your imagination http://www.styleshake.com/Gallery.aspx

Where you will find such masterpieces as this one. Have fun designing your future outfits!





No comments:

Post a Comment