Friday, May 14, 2010

My new tiered dress

Boy these sowing skills will come in handy if our government keeps cutting those funds! I will end up making all of my clothes myself, maybe some for my family...!





Anyway this is my newest creation. I used an old flower-pattern skirt I haven't worn in a while, some lace, elastic gray material for the base and some elastic for attaching the layers.










First I built the base of the dress from the elastic gray material that I had lying around for a while now.










Then I cut up the skirt into 3 strips of fabric for the layers and attached these to the base of the dress. I used the same material for the straps as well.



The last step was attaching the lace (which was elastic as well) to the dress top...






and here you go: my end result.





















Like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment