Monday, November 8, 2010

Spending time in the kitchen does pay of

 I wanted to make something nice for my family this past Sunday so I decided to make some Papanasi (which I had never done before) - its kind of a donut made with cottage cheese and filled with jam and sour cream. I found this wonderful recipe, but since its in Romanian I'm gonna make a resume in English so you can make your own if you like.

Ingredients you will need:
  • 500g of cottage cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • a pinch of salt 
  • a pinch of baking soda   
  • 10 to 15 tablespoons of flour   
  • some sugar 
Put all of the above ingredients in a bowl and stir until the dough no longer sticks to your hand. Then form two smaller and two larger balls of dough. Make a whole through the center of the larger balls with your finger. Fry all 4 dough balls in hot oil. 
When done fill the wholes with sour cream and jam, put the smaller balls on top as a little hat, and you are done.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment