Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DIY Bib Necklace

I have been wanting to make a bib necklace for quite some time now and I finally managed to get around to it. I must say I'm quite pleased with the result, so I was anxious to share it with you.


In case you are thinking of making your own here is what you will need:
  • some felt
  • lace (not mandatory but it gives the necklace that nice little extra something :))
  • ribbon for closure
  • beads
  • matching thread
  • ideally a sewing machine, but it can also by sewn by hand






I started by pining the lace onto my felt (so it wouldn't move around while I was working) and cutting out two identical pieces of felt matching the shape of my lace.
Then I continued by sewing the beads on the lace by also attaching them to one of the pieces of felt. After having finished adding the beads I sew the second piece of felt onto the first piece and lace, thus masking the back and also added the ribbon between the two felt pieces for closure. I'm quite pleased with the result.

Have you ever made a bib necklace of your own? Would this tutorial help you to make one?

No comments:

Post a Comment