Sunday, February 6, 2011

Felt birthday crown

My baby is turning one in a couple of weeks and I have already started the preparations to organise the most beautiful first birthday ever. 

Browsing the web for DIY party decoration and food as well as birthday cake ideas I came across this great crown template fit for my prince and decided to make one of my own.

I just changed the number the a 1 and added some beads to the original design and of course chose colours to my own liking.Yellow and green seemed like such a good fit as the decorations will sport the same colours to the most part.







If you want to make a birthday crown for your angel all you will need is 
  • two pieces of 0,5 m felt (2 different colours of course)
  • a crown template that you can download from this wonderful blog
  • elastic for the back of the crown to make it fit
  • beads (optional)
  • thread and a needle or sowing machine if you have it







The best thing to do is to pin the template to the felt so it won't move while you are cutting it out.














After cutting out the form in both colours, cut out the birthday number of your baby from the felt piece you will place above so that the one under it will show through.













Sew the two together by adding the beads (or not) and your birthday crown is ready. Have fun making your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment